Air Source Heat Pump Installation & Servicing
For an eco-friendly way to generate heat and hot water for your home air source heat pump systems can greatly reduce the carbon footprint of your property.
There are two main types of air source heat pump:
- Air to Water – Absorb heat from the outside air and transfer into water which is distributed via the central heating system
- Air to Air – Requires a warm air circulation system to move warm air around the home and will not provide hot water
- Could lower fuel bills
- Could provide an income through the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Could lower carbon emissions
- No future fuel deliveries are required
Heat pumps deliver heat at lower temperatures and over much longer periods than traditional fossil fuel boilers and therefore it is likely that you will have to upgrade you current levels of insulation or fit larger radiators or underfloor heating to ensure you are getting the most out of an air source heat pump.
What to Consider?
- Space – The outdoor unit will need plenty of space to achieve a good flow of air and the bigger the home, the bigger the unit needed
- Insulation – Heat pumps work best when producing heat at a lower temperature so it is important your home is well insulated and draught-proof to prevent heat loss
- Costs – A heat pump will pay for itself if replacing an existing expensive system but running costs will vary depending on size of home and install costs are expensive
- Planning – The outdoor unit will be visible and therefore it is best to check with your local authority regarding planning permission
- Noise – The outdoor unit will be above ground and produces a humming sound similar to an air conditioning unit which might be bothersome to you or neighbours
At Huttie we are MCS accredited and our team of renewable energy engineers can deliver a full installation service of innovative air source systems from design to commission along with annual maintenance, support, and 24-hour emergency care.
If you are interested in learning more about what an air source heat pump system can do for your property please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team who will gladly provide a free, no-obligation quotation.